Welcome to the Workplace Harassment course. Workplace harassment can be based on a variety of factors that differ from one person to another, such as race, sex, and disability.
This course will give you the tools necessary to recognize harassment in the workplace as well as understand your rights and responsibilities under the law. It will also touch on safety in the workplace, which is, in and of itself, important in any organization.
Three main actions that constitute harassment:
- When someone is doing something to you to make you uneasy.
- When someone is saying something to you to make you feel uneasy.
- When someone knowingly puts your life at risk in some way.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the words and actions that constitute harassment
- Understand what the law says about harassment
- Implement anti-harassment policies
- Educate employees and develop anti-harassment policies
- Discuss employer and employee’s rights and responsibilities
- Address accusations of harassment
- Apply proper mediation procedures
- Deal with the aftermath of harassment