Welcome to the Sensitivity Training in the course. Sensitivity training is crucial in creating a workplace that is an inclusive and safe place for all to work.
This course will introduce you to your company’s responsibility for promoting sensitivity in the workplace, and will examine the benefits garnered company-wide from this training. You will also explore the steps that should be taken when non-compliance becomes an issue.
This course is designed to help you in the following ways:
- Define sensitivity training and its usefulness and necessity in the workplace
- Identify the benefits for self and the company in pursuing a sensitivity objective
- Successfully raise awareness of others
- Identify different types of stereotypes; their delivery and effects
- Discuss Human Resources and its best practices for dealing with issues associated with stereotypes
- Define the steps to handling complaints associated with sensitive issues and stereotypes
- Describe the pros and cons of being “sensitive”