Welcome to the Generation Gaps course. The workplace can present challenges to management in terms of handling the different generations in the workplace. As older workers delay retiring and younger workers are entering the workforce, the work environment has become a patchwork of valuable perspectives and experiences.
While having various generations in one workplace can present communication problems and conflicts, the benefits of such a variety in the workplace outweigh the potential difficulty. Both the young and older worker offer ideas that can help the organization thrive in the marketplace. Learning how to deal with the generation gap at work will help you become a better manager or co-worker.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the history behind generation gaps
- Know who Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation Xs, Generation Ys, and Generation Zs are
- Understand the differences between each generation
- Find common ground among the generations
- Understand conflict management
- Leverage the benefits of generation gaps at work