Welcome to the Employee Motivation course. Employee Motivation is becoming ever more important in the workplace as time goes on, and everyone agrees that a motivated workforce is far more likely to be a successful workforce. The happier and more professional an employee is, the better the results they will deliver for you. Of course, every employer wants to make sure that they have a workforce who will do their best, but this does not simply mean making the job easy for their employees. In fact, part of the problem of motivation is that where the job is too easy, employees become complacent.
Therefore, there is a challenge for all employers and management in delivering the right balance between a confident, motivated workforce and a workforce which is driven to attain goals. It can be described as a mix between the pleasure of a comfortable working environment and the fear of failure, although in honesty it is more complicated than that equation suggests. Regardless of how it is characterized, it is important to get the right balance in order to ensure that you have a motivated workforce. This manual is designed to show participants the way to get the best out of a confident, motivated group of employees, and to show them how to motivate that group.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Define motivation, an employer’s role in it, and how the employee can play a part
- Identify the importance of Employee Motivation
- Identify methods of Employee Motivation
- Describe the theories which pertain to Employee Motivation – with particular reference to psychology
- Identify personality types and how they fit into a plan for Employee Motivation
- Set clear and defined goals
- Identify specific issues in the field, and address these issues, and how to maintain this going forward