Emotional Intelligence at Work
Welcome to the Emotional Intelligence at Work course. Emotional Intelligence is defined as a set of competencies demonstrating the ability one has to recognize their behaviors, moods, and impulses, and to manage them best according to the situation.
This course will give you the tools you need to be emotionally intelligent in your workplace. An employee with high emotional intelligence can manage their own impulses, communicate with others effectively, manage change well, solve problems, and use humor to build rapport in tense situations. These employees also have empathy, remain optimistic in the face of adversity, and are gifted at educating and persuading in a sales situation and resolving customer complaints in a customer service role.
This course is designed to help you in the following ways:
- Define and practice the areas of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Identify and control your emotions
- Successfully communicate and maintain relationships with others
- Identify nonverbal communication and consider its impact
- Successfully execute conflict resolution and overcome other obstacles in the workplace
- Exhibit empathy and reverence for others
- Identify anxious and stressful emotions and better control them