Critical thinking is vital to any kind of success, including your career and beyond. Simply put, critical thinking is a questioning approach to form a judgment or conclusion. It encourages reflective and independent thinking to guide us through the hundreds of decisions that we make throughout a week. Having these skills provides you with the best chance of making an informed decision. Everything and anything can be a subject to question with critical thinking.
As problems are bound to come up in any organization, it’s important to know how to address these challenges with good reasoning and logic. Utilizing your critical thinking skills will lead you toward being a more rational and disciplined thinker. This coursewill provide you the skills to approach problems critically, as well as recognize the power of open-mindedness and altering your perspective, in order to make the best choices.
The objectives for this course are as follows:
- Define critical thinking
- Understand the critical thinking process
- Identify the role of logic, and reasoning
- Recognize benefits and barriers to critical thinking
- Identify characteristics of a critical thinker
- Evaluate information using critical thinking skills
- Recognize ways to improve skills
- Explore and revise perspective, when necessary
- Comprehend problem solving abilities