Appreciative inquiry focuses on bringing out the best in people and discovering how they use their skills to function in their work and everyday life. Through appreciative inquiry, an employer uses the art of asking questions and considering opinions to strengthen the system as a whole; creating a more positive environment and heightening employee potential. This approach is designed to focus less on negativity and criticism, and more on utilizing personal strengths and encouraging discovery.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Know the meaning of appreciative inquiry
- Think in positive terms and avoid thinking negatively
- Encourage others to think positively
- Recognize positive attributes in people
- Create positive imagery
- Manage and guide employees in a positive environment